Chamus Felton Hawk
American Rapper, Songwriter, Music and Video Producer
Hailing from the Queen City, otherwise known as Buffalo, New York, Chae Hawk has been exceedingly active when it comes to his art form. Making his start at age sixteen with 3rd Dimension as the band’s front man, he knew these artistic and musical passions were bound to become his entire existence. Coming from his diverse tastes, Hawk’s sound draws from a broad spectrum of musical influences, such as hardcore, punk rock, and hip-hop, among others. He was set on making his own steps as a solo artist. Prior to graduation from Cleveland Hill high school, Hawk completed two projects under the moniker “Noble Truth”.
Faced with the unique reality of growing up as an African American in a predominantly Jewish suburb while living in Rochester plays a big part in his relationship with music, leading to an appreciation of all types that is exceedingly apparent in his own style. His surroundings influenced his character and music style. Chae guts it out over gritty urban-esque beats, while dropping precise lyrical lines that move and multiply different sound landscapes. Hawk continues to hone his skills as a live performer, songwriter, and producer. Through years of intense study, traveling, and interaction with people, he has formulated of a progressive hip-hop style that boasts more substance than swagger. Hawk’s music, like his life, represents an authentic and honest display of harsh realities accompanied by tender moments of meaning.
- As a High School freshman he shared in jam sessions with close friends who are now core members of Reggae band Giant Panda Guerrilla Dub squad.
- Released Precise Precision (Album).
- Released Wings For a Souls Dream (Album).
- Released Little Blood, More Sweat, Few Tears(Mixtape/ep).
- Awarded best Break out Hip Hop act in Buffalo.
- Featured on Toyota Scion national mixtape.
- Featured on Elle magazine (Teenage Girls edition) Back to school Mixtape featuring Dj Dstar.
- Released Nickel City Varsity (ep).
- Featured on Universal Motown artist Forever the Sickest Kids Underdog Alma Matter (Album).
- Warped Tour (Featured on stage with Forever the Sickest Kids).
- Opened for The White Tie Affair national tour.
- Featured on Universal Motown artist Forever the Sickest Kids The Weekend: Friday.
- Released Blues of a Journeyman featuring Joel Madden (from Pop Punk Band “Good Charlotte”) Keith Buckley (Everytime I die) Buffalo Entertainier Lance Diamond, singer songwriter Mickey Shiloh.
- Opened for LL Cool J, Salt n Pepa, Talib Kweli, 3oh3 & Outasight.
- Released Chae Hawk & Grabbitz.
- Released Dance Party for the Heavy Hearted (Concept Album).
- Featured on New Era Rep your City Campaign (Buffalo).
- Modeled for Converse Fall/Winter South America campaign.